If you are looking for a robust and easy-to-use solution to protect your disk images and files in the cloud, this Acronis True Image review is a must-read for you!
After conducting extensive research, we have come up with an article to help users understand how the app helps users back up various file sets on independent schedules and incorporates innovative technology to ensure data safety.
Pros & Cons
- Optimized file syncing
- Ransomware protection
- Intuitive desktop user interface
- Local and cloud backup
- Wide range of features
- Full disk image backup and restore
- Backs up mobile devices
- Up-to-date Acronis versions
- Doesn’t offer password protection for shared files
- Slow mobile app and web interface
Along with the importance of the Acronis True Image for crucial backup being high, it is also known to support multiple operating systems including:
- OS X Mavericks 10.9
- OS X Yosemite 10.10
- OS X El Capitan 10.11
- Windows Home Server 2011
- Windows XP SP3 (32-bit) with limitations*
- Windows 7 SP1 (all editions)
- Windows 8 (all editions)
- Windows 8.1 (all editions)
- Windows 10 (all editions)
In this Acronis True Image review, we will also talk about the following mobile operating systems this app supports:
- Android 4.1 and later
- iOS 8.x and later
What Is Acronis True Image Best for
The Acronis True Image server is multifunctional software founded by Acronis in 2003. It offers backups, disk imaging, and anti-malware.
With Acronis ransomware protection, users get to enjoy a product that is specially designed to perform data recovery, backup, archiving, and OS migration. The software also supports SSD, HDD, FTP servers, USB, SCSI, FireWire, CD / BD / DVD disks, and PC card storage devices.
Our review covers also Acronis True Image WD. it can backup applications, the operating system, all of your data and settings, and also clone drives – all while removing any confidential data that is no longer of use.
Ease of Use
You are in for a treat. This app makes it easy for users to safeguard their data in an efficient manner. This feature-rich backup software is simple and easy-to-use. From granular restore to mirror imaging and disk cloning, this tool offers it all. Its touch-friendly dashboards and graphic interface allow users to enjoy a hassle-free backup experience!
The Acronis True Image online app offers complete cyber protection through the following features that help address the safety, privacy, accessibility, and authenticity of your data:
Acronis True Image allows users to configure destinations, schedule times, and choose from incremental, custom, full image, or differential Acronis backup types. It also offers various other safety features including dual protection, active disk cloning, and more.
File Sync and Share
Users can sync files in the cloud or between computers so that they can have access to the same files on different devices.
Acronis offers end-to-end encryption by providing users with a private encryption key that enables them to keep their data private.
With Acronis Notary, you can develop a unique fingerprint for your data and confirm its authenticity. It is important to note that the Acronis free trial doesn’t include any blockchain-based offerings.
We have to mention in this review that the Acronis ransomware protection is awesome. It prevents threats from infecting your network, crippling your system, or encrypting your files.
The Acronis online backup service integrates a bunch of third-party technologies that help it does its job across various platforms. It doesn’t have any add-ons, though.
Acronis True Image protects your apps, systems, and data against malicious threats with the following features:
- Security Dashboard – identify blocked activity, monitor potential cyber threats, and only approve reliable applications.
- Secure Data Centers – receive the best cloud backup by using secure data centers where each location is optimized to provide the maximum level of security to users.
- Cryptomining Blocker – detect and stop cryptomining malware that can expose systems to additional cyber threats by infecting personal computers and hijacking system resources.
- Integrated Anti-Ransomware – prevent ransomware from crippling your system, infecting your network, and encryption your files.
The Acronis True Image HD data transfer software can be installed both on Windows and macOS devices. For Windows, just run the installation file and you’re done. For macOS, double click on the Acronis True Image setup file with a .dmg extension. Then drag the software icon to the Applications folder and it’s ready. Sign in, choose the options fitting your needs – full image backup, active disk cloning, etc – and you’re good to go.
Our Acronis True Image Review won’t be complete without an overview of the mobile app of the software.
The Acronis True Image mobile app protects the data of your mobile against online attacks, accidental deletion, and help with lost devices. With this app, you can enjoy manual and scheduled backup of photos, videos, contacts, text messages, and contacts from your tablet or smartphone.
You can restore all your data in an easy, quick, and reliable manner. The app also enables users to migrate data easily from iOS to Android and vice versa!
According to Acronis True Image reviews available online, the software offers unmatched backup speed. It performs about 3 to 5 times faster than some of its competitors.
Plan & Pricing
One amazing thing about Acronis True Image plans is that with all of them you get the Parallels Toolbox absolutely free! There are three plans offered by this software and the Acronis price varies accordingly:
This is a one-year subscription for the price of $49.99. It is the most basic and cheapest of packages offered by Acronis and includes active disk cloning, crypto-mining blocker, ransomware blocker, and full image backup. When you think about it, this is quite comprehensive for being the most basic of the packages offered, especially as it includes cloud backup services.
The advanced package is an annual subscription for the price of $69.99 a year. Along with all the beneficial services offered by the essential plan, it also offers additional ones including replication of backups in the cloud, backup options for Microsoft 365, and cloud backup. The cloud backup means easier disaster recovery!
The most advanced plan offered by Acronis is the premium one-year subscription for the cost of $99.99 a year. It offers the most extensive services. Coupled with the ones that are present in previous plans, it also includes certification of files through blockchain, and the ability to electronically sign files.
The Acronis tech support factors in quite a major way into the buying decision. There is round the clock support through live chat and email. Multiple venues have been established for the ease of customers, enabling a higher level of responsiveness. Acronis has really stepped up the game by ensuring the provision of support in different languages. However, Acronis True Image customer reviews often state that the support services are unreliable.
Speaking of which:
Acronis True Image User Reviews
The reviews for Acronis True Image are plenty. They are quite contradictory. While some proclaim that it is the best cloud storage for photos, there are others that point out problems, mainly with the cloud backup services. So keep that in mind. We didn’t find a glaringly positive Acronis True Image review on Reddit, too.
There are many services offered by Acronis that raise the bar for similar software present in the market. Let’s take a look at them:
Alternatives to Acronis True Image
Here is a detailed comparison of Acronis online backup service and other similar popular apps:
|Features||Acronis True Image||iCloud||Google Drive|
|Anywhere access to backup data||✔||✔||✔|
|Wireless, automatic backup to local NAS device||✔|
|Wireless, automatic backup to local computer||✔||✔|
|Continuous and automatic backup||✔||✔|
|Data migration to / from another platform||iOS to Android and Android to iOS||iOS to Android|
|Remote backup management||✔||✔|
Still, let’s examine in greater detail a few alternatives fo the Acronis True Image.
GoodSync is the most popular alternative to Acronis True Image. While it claims to back up and sync files without a hitch, it falls short, lacking options such as file versioning and disaster recovery.
Clonezilla is another option. It is free, unlike Acronis. But it takes a lot more time cloning information. Along with this, the options of incremental and differential backups aren’t present.
Macrium Reflect is able to overcome shortcomings that are present in the Acronis software. Along with providing many of the same services, there’s the added advantage of superior tech support.
Common Questions About Acronis True Image
What is Acronis True Image?
- It is backup software, that offers a comprehensive manner in which cyber protection can be ensured through anti-malware technology. The Acronis software is sure to cater to all your needs. Further, the Acronis True Image cloud enhances flexibility and ensures that you can utilize its services wherever you may be!
How to Use Acronis True Image?
- Once the Acronis True Image application has been downloaded, the program takes you through the initial few steps. After this, you need to sign in and this will activate your software. All that remains to be done now is select options according to your requirements such as full image backup, active disk cloning, etc. Quite a straightforward process.
How Much Does Acronis True Image Cost?
- There are two versions of the software and therefore, the Acronis True Image cost varies accordingly. One is the standard one which has a one-time cost. This standard version is for $49.99 and allows access to the Acronis backup tool. Then there is an advanced subscription option, which is for $49.99 annually. Along with access to the backup tool, the advanced version comes with online cloud storage as well.
Is Acronis True Image Safe?
- The software is completely safe and works in ensuring your data is secure.
What Does Acronis True Image Do?
- It provides its users with speedy performance and full disk backups. However, that’s certainly not all. There are also extras which are very handy. One such option is that of active file protection. There’s also integrated anti-ransomware and blockchain notarization!
Is Acronis True Image Good?
- Acronis True Image reviews and recommendations regarding the software are overwhelmingly positive. The software offers excellent facilities along with cloud storage, which makes for a nice, sweet package!
Finally wrapping up our Acronis True Image review, we believe this software is truly robust. It doesn’t just focus on one aspect but tries to provide a well-rounded service, coming with a ton of useful features. However, that’s not to say it is perfect. It does have its flaws, the most common one being that of slowing down the web interface as well as mobile apps. But all in all, Acronis True Image can offer a lot to its users.