Backing up your data is absolutely essential in this time and age. But where do you start?
If you aren’t familiar with it or are still on the fence about investing, then read our IDrive review to find out its features, pros, cons, and other essentials about one of the best cloud backup services.
Pros & Cons
Let’s start with the pros and cons.
- The basic plan is free of cost – It includes all essential features and is accessible to everyone as it is free.
- Seamless installation – You can have your account set up and backed up within minutes through IDrive cloud backup.
- Numerous backup features – The basic plan provides the essential backup coverage you need, but you can gain access to a lot more products through the paid plans.
- Unlimited Devices – There is no limit to the number or type of devices you can backup through IDrive online backup.
- Sync and share across all devices – With a single account, you can access all your data anywhere.
- Quick recovery and backup – The backup and recovery time is remarkably fast.
- Economical – The basic price plan makes the service efficient for all.
- Limited Storage – As per various IDrive reviews, the main con of the service is the lack of unlimited data storage.
- Confusing User Interface – Though IDrive is an amazing online backup service, its user interface may be a little confusing for first-time users and takes a while to get used to.
So, now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s fill in the details.
IDrive is incredibly rich in features! What’s even better, it is also compatible with almost all the major operating systems.
The desktop version works with:
However, IDrive backup is not compatible with Linux.
The mobile app is compatible with:
What Is IDrive Best for?
Users praise IDrive as an incredibly efficient and economical online backup service to use, which makes it incredibly popular. It also offers a lot of features and different price plans that allow people to customize it as per their needs.
The list of features provided is truly incredible and very extensive. To give you the best possible IDrive review, we tested them all. Let’s take a look at the most important ones:
Multiple Device Backup
You can back up an unlimited number of devices from a single account. No matter how many tablets, mobile phones, or PCs you have, they can all be backed up using one single account. All you need is access to your IDrive login to restore your data on any device.
Through IDrive’s express feature, you can request for physical storage shipped right to your doorstep within a week. It saves you the hassle of having to download and restore data on different devices.
Online File Sync
With IDrive online sync, you can restore data on multiple devices in real-time. Your online sync storage will match your backup storage limit and does not hinder the backup storage process, which makes it incredibly efficient.
Snapshots and Versioning
IDrive maintains almost 30 previous versions of your data as snapshots. With the file versioning feature, you will never lose your data completely. The snapshot and versioning feature takes IDrive security to a whole other level!
You can get web-based help through IDrive support. Through it, you can manage all your data, restoration, and backup services on various platforms.
The clone computer backup service allows you to create a carbon copy backup of your computer which you can restore on your device in case you lose your data in a disaster.
Continuous Data Backup
IDrive has an automatic and continuous backup service. Once you modify a file, the system reads the modification and backs it up accordingly, without the need for you to interfere.
Security & Privacy
IDrive security features are one of the best out there. It protects your data not only virtually but also physically. It encrypts all your data using the AES – 256-bit encryption key. You even have the option to create a private encryption key for your account that further restricts who can access your information.
IDrive reviews online also praise the company for its world-class facility. The storage system is enclosed in a temperature control room with an efficient ventilation system keeping the machinery cool and running optimally 24/7.
In terms of accessibility, IDrive is pretty straightforward to use once you can get it installed. IDrive review Reddit also attests to this claim. Many users face trouble only with the initial installation, but that doesn’t seem to be a problem thanks to the cloud storage services support system.
IDrive cloud storage review gets on average more than 4 stars in terms of speed and optimizing bandwidth usage. After the initial backup is complete, the backup services only stores modified versions of the files upon each update. The system is not only efficient but also speedy, which is what makes it incredibly popular among users.
Ease of Use
For those who are not tech-savvy, the initial installation may be off-putting. In fact, many IDrive reviews also state that the user interface is a little outdated.
During our tests for this IDrive review, we found out that once you setup your account, backing up your data and using the online file storage service is pretty easy. Through one single account, you can sync, store, and restore your data across all your devices.
Plans & Pricing
There are three IDrive plans that customers can opt for.
- The Basic plan – free of cost and offers online backup for up to 5 GB data.
- IDrive Personal – currently on promotion and offers 5TB and 10TB data storage options at reduced prices for the first and second year.
- IDrive Business – offers 250 GB, 500GB, and 1.25TB worth of backup data also on reduced prices for a limited period.
IDrive features for both business and personal plans are almost the same. With the Business package, you get business compliance, server cloud backup, user groups, and single sign-on features as well.
IDrive support is one of the best customer support systems in online backup services. The company provides call support services and has different landlines for the US and UK and a completely different one for other locations.
IDrive User Reviews
The majority of users love cloud file storage and are incredibly happy with it. There are no complaints about speed, recovery, or data management of any kind. The IDrive sync, unlimited devices, cloning, and other features are also praised.
Where IDrive free adds to its popularity, the limited storage takes away from it. Many people complain about the company not offering unlimited storage, even in the Business plan.
Our IDrive review in 2020 proved one thing for sure – it is one of the best options for those looking for a safe and extensive cloud backup service. Its Free plan offers all the essential features needed for personal use. In fact, it is the best cloud storage for photos. If not for the IDrive file size limit, it would be the best service overall.
Common Questions About IDrive
What is IDrive?
- IDrive is an online backup service for both personal and business use. You can connect it to various devices and backup and sync all your data at once.
What is IDrive used for?
- IDrive is used to backup data on a cloud server. It is ideal as cloud photo storage and for cloud backup services for home.
Is IDrive reliable?
- IDrive is incredibly reliable. There has been no reported IDrive security breach in its history. It also offers a private key for additional protection besides using AES 256 encryption key to offer optimal protection.
IDrive cost plans are probably their most attractive feature. The basic plan offers ideal features and is free for all users. The service is also pretty straightforward to use, even if it does take a little time to get used to the interface. In our IDrive review, we have included all its features, benefits, pros and cons. With it, you can set up scheduled backups and opt for various other features, including folder-syncing and cloning to aid disaster recovery. What are you waiting for? Try IDrive today!