Rocket Lawyer makes it easy to create customized legal documents and get support from an attorney. With their membership plan, you can create unlimited custom forms, get your legal questions answered, and enjoy their online formation services for free (for your first business.) Try the 7-day Rocket Lawyer free trial or pay per document if you don’t need regular legal help.
So, is Rocket Lawyer worth it? Let’s compare the pros and cons to find out:
Pros Vs. Cons
It is always best to compare pros and cons about a certain services.
The main perks of using Rocket Lawyers include:
- Quick and easy form building
- Document defense (for disputes and incompliance)
- Phone support from a Rocket attorney
- Online Q&A with experienced lawyers
- Affordable monthly membership fee
- Free 7-day trial
- Pay-per-service option
- Outstanding customer support
But, there are some downsides to choosing Rocket Lawyer:
- Registered agent service at an extra cost
- Not the cheapest LLC registration
Still, the pros far outweigh the cons, making Rocket Lawyer one of the best legal service companies online.
Rocket Lawyer can help you start your company, rent out a property, or even draft a prenuptial agreement. Here are the primary services they offer to support your business:
Form an LLC, Corp, or Non-Profit
Answer a few simple questions, and Rocket Lawyers will handle your business registration documents for you.
Rocket Lawyer LLC reviews praise how easy and straightforward the process is. They have detailed information on which option to choose (LLC, S-Corp, or C-Corp) and on-call agents to answer any questions. With a membership, you can form your first business for free and get a discount on the registered agent services.
Custom Legal Documents
The company has a vast library of documents and forms you can customize. They cover all the essentials for new business owners:
- Operating agreement
- Business contracts
- Independent contractor agreement
- Tax-related documents to stay compliant and respond to audits
- Articles of incorporation
You can also use Rocket Lawyer to draft non-disclosure agreements and other documents to protect your intellectual property.
And, even though you’re not hiring a legal team, you know Rocket Lawyer attorneys have your back. With the Document Defense feature, if the document is disputed or the other party doesn’t comply, the in-house lawyers will help you draft a demand letter and provide further support.
Rocket Lawyer also recently introduced Rocket Sign to allow free online document signing (that is still legally binding). With the API, you can use the technology to add to your customer’s experience, speed up contracts, and reduce the paper your business uses.
Get Legal Advice
One of the best things about Rocket Lawyer is it makes legal help accessible.
With the membership plan, you get a 30-minute phone call on every new legal matter and unlimited Q&A with an in-house attorney. This is perfect if you’re running a startup or small business and can’t afford to hire a lawyer but still want to stay legally compliant.
Registered Agent Service
When you open an LLC, you legally need a registered agent with a physical address in your state. But, there are plenty of reasons to choose a registered agent service, rather than your own address. Keeping your information off state records means no solicitors or mountains of junk mail. And, you won’t have to physically be present during business hours at your address throughout the year. Rocket Lawyer registered agent handles that for you, scanning and keeping your files in an easy-access online system.
Rocket Lawyer Pricing & Plans
Rocket Lawyer costs $39.99 per month for a membership or, you can go for the pay-per-service option. Here is what you need to consider before making your choice:
Rocket Lawyer Membership
For $39.99 per month, you get comprehensive legal services for your business, including:
- Unlimited legal documents
- Document Defense on all forms & contracts
- Unlimited online Q&A with an attorney
- 30-minute phone call for every new legal matter
- Up to 40% off if you hire a Rocket Lawyer attorney
- Free incorporation filing for your first business
- 25% off business registration filing after that
- 25% off registered agent services
While there are cheaper legal membership services, none provide that much value for your money.
The on-call attorneys are one of the best resources for businesses. Even the cheapest lawyer fees start at $100 per hour. With the unlimited online questions and phone consultations for all new legal matters, you can get high-quality professional advice for a fraction of the price.
And, all that for the price of a single legal document!
Non-members can just pay for what they use. Here’s the 2020 Rocket Lawyer price list:
- $39.99 per custom legal document
- $9.99 for Document Defense
- $49.99 per legal question (asked online)
- $59.99 for a 30-minute consultation
- $99.99 plus state fees for forming an LLC or another business
- $149.99 for the registered agent service
Even if you only need one document, it’s still cheaper to get the membership for a month.
LLC formation is also too expensive if you’re not a Rocket Lawyer member, and it doesn’t take one month. So, you could just get the monthly membership and pay $39.99 plus state fees, instead of $99.99. There is no case in which paying for each service would be better.
Finally, the Rocket Lawyer membership does have a 7-day free trial. You can try it out, decide if it works for your business, and cancel if you don’t like it.
Rocket Lawyer Customer Service
Rocket Lawyer provides stellar customer support, whether you’re a member or still eyeing the product. In business hours (Monday-Friday 6 am-6 pm PT,) you can talk to a representative via email or on the phone. They also have a comprehensive knowledge base and detailed instructions for all of their forms and services written in simple English.
When I contacted them as research for this Rocket Lawyer review, I was happy to see they’re quick to respond and very professional.
Getting started with Rocket Lawyer couldn’t be easier. Just go to www.rocketlawyer.com and find the service you need. You can also use the Rocket Lawyer app or the simplified mobile version for legal advice on-the-go.
Rocket Lawyer User Reviews
The company has a solid online reputation. Rocket Lawyer reviews on Reddit, Trustpilot, and the Better Business Bureau praise the high-quality service and friendly staff that help you get things done. There are no Rocket Lawyer reviews on Yelp, but virtually all other review sites commend the company.
The chief Rocket Lawyer review complaint in 2020 was the free trial cancelation. Since the company asks for your credit card information, people who forget to cancel get charged. To cancel Rocket Lawyer:
- Log into your account.
- Go to “Account Settings.”
- Find “Downgrade” or “Change plan.”
- Select your reason for cancellation and click “End my benefits.”
Overall, Rocket Lawyer reviews are very positive and the service is well-liked among small and medium-sized business owners.
Rocket Lawyer’s motto is “Legal made simple.” and that’s precisely what they provide. Both business owners and families can get so much value from a legal services membership. And, if you have any issues with the company, you can have the peace-of-mind that they’re very responsive and effective at resolving them. Overall, the research for this Rocket Lawyer review proves it’s one of the best incorporation service options and comprehensive legal solutions for businesses and families alike.
Rocket Lawyer Alternatives
How does Rocket Lawyer stack up to other options on the market? Here’s a quick overview:
Rocket Lawyer Vs. LegalZoom
LegalZoom is an online legal services veteran and one of Rocket Lawyer’s main competitors. Their monthly membership starts at $31.25 if you pay in a single yearly payment of $375. It includes unlimited legal forms and advice from expert attorneys. You also get help from a tax professional about the best tax option for you and any tax benefits. But, this membership doesn’t include free business formation, and LegalZoom doesn’t do online Q&As either.
Rocket Lawyer Vs. IncFile
IncFile will file your LLC documents for $0 (only pay state fees). Other business formation plans start at $40 and include one free year of registered agent service and unlimited name availability search. However, IncFile doesn’t have the same high-quality customer support, nor can they provide legal advice for you.
Common Questions About Rocket Lawyer
Here are the answers to the most common questions that come up in Rocket Lawyer reviews:
What is Rocket Lawyer?
- Rocket Lawyer is a US-based legal services company that provides custom legal documents, attorney advice, LLC formation, and registered agent services for much cheaper than hiring a lawyer. They stand out with brilliant customer support and fantastic value for all of their services.
What is Rocket Lawyer used for?
- Rocket Lawyer has a massive library of legal documents for business, real estate, and family affairs. You can use their custom forms to do anything from drafting a prenup to starting a company. The membership fee covers unlimited online questions to an attorney and a 30-minute consultation for each new legal issue. Rocket Lawyer also offers registered agent services to make sure you never miss essential documents for your business.
Is Rocket Lawyer safe?
- Yes, Rocket Lawyer is safe and doesn’t share your information. They’re protected by Norton Security and use an SSL certificate on all their pages.
Is Rocket Lawyer legit?
- Yes, Rocket Lawyer is completely legitimate. They do provide legal advice from licensed attorneys, and their documents are protected with Document Defense in case somebody questions them or refuses to comply.
Is Rocket Lawyer a good service?
- Yes, it’s one of the best business formation services, as testified by thousands of positive Rocket Lawyer reviews online.
- Still unsure? Give them a try with a free 7-day trial!