Last Updated: August 18, 2020
- Supported formats: All popular
- Logo maker: No
- Charts and maps: Yes
- Print formats: Numerous
- Infographics: Yes
- Image editor: Yes
- Customer support: Great
- Business doc formats: All types
Content creators, website builders/owners, and bloggers.
- A powerful free version
- Plethora of templates in premium version
- Video and audio integration
- A lot of support videos to help beginners start
- No downloadable version or app
- Undo tool is unpredictable
Individual - Basic
Individual - Standard
Individual - Complete
Business - Single
Business - Team
Business - Enterprise
Edication - Student
Edication - Educator
Edication - School
Created by designers for non-designers, Visme is a great data visualization, content creation, and presentation tool. It’s a feature-rich online/offline solution that will completely transform the look of your projects.
In our Visme review, we’ve covered everything you need to know about the software – the templates, the pricing, the support, and other users’ reviews.
Visme lets you save your cool digital art in the most popular formats:
- JPG – Suitable for parts of larger documents or social media posts.
- PNG – For line drawings, iconic graphics, etc. Preferred by most creators.
- PDF – Large documents with a lot of content. Both image and text parts are better represented in PDFs. It’s also much more printer-friendly.
- HTML5 – It can be opened offline in your local browser, and it’s good for storing animations and/or videos.
- PPTX – To modify your presentations offline, you can download them on the PPTX format. This makes it a decent alternative to Powerpoint.
- GIF – If you have created a standalone GIF using Visme, you can download it to post on social media or use it on your website. (Default size is 1500×1500 or less)
- MP4 – Video downloads are available for social media, presentations, and blog graphics. (Default canvas size 1366×1366 or less).
Visme reviews praise the variety of format acceptance. When you are uploading image/graphic, audio, video, and other files, the accepted formats are:
Keep in mind that the maximum size cannot exceed 5 MB.
What Is Visme Best For?
Visme is a great option for everyone.
It’s suitable for content creators, website builders/owners, bloggers, students, and basically all who want to create impactful and memorable content. And it’s so user-friendly, that even the less tech-savvy will feel at home using it.
Let’s discuss that more in-depth.
Ease of Use
Visme is incredibly intuitive and easy to get the hang of. If you are still unsure, the website has a bunch of video tutorials. They include how-to videos for describing the basic functionality and features, as well as detailed video guides for logo making tools and good log making practices. There are also plenty of blog-posts written as guides and support tips for Visme users.
We feel obliged to mention in our Visme review something that left a lasting impression – the Case Studies. It’s a cool little section of the website, that lets you see how others are using the software. Whether you’re an accountant, a lawyer, a marketer, or anything, really, you’ll surely get some great ideas from the Case studies.
Templates & Designs
The available templates on Visme come in various designs and styles, so there’s something for every taste.
There are a few categories you can choose from:
The templates for presentations offer 800+modern, 350 simple, and 339 creative designs that you can use and modify according to your needs.
You start with a blank page. All the basic tools and the options to add graphics, videos, audio, data, and media are at your disposal.
If you want to make an infographic Visme lets you get really creative. You have templates that are suited to present a process, compare two or more items, show locations, elaborate on reports, create guides, etc. Most of the templates are available for premium users, but there is a decent selection on the free version as well. It’s on par with many dedicated infographic software.
Charts and Maps
If you thought you need to be a graphic designer to create mind-blowing charts, you were wrong. Visme has templates for charts that will leave your audience thinking you have an MA in Graphic design, even if it’s the first time you’ve ever done such a thing. Pie charts, line graphs, flowcharts, maps, concept maps – you name it, Visme will provide it.
We’re all sick of looking at boring reports. Or proposals. Or newsletters. Or surveys.
You get the point.
Visme has a wide range of templates available for all types of documents. Even for e-books and magazine covers! Isn’t that amazing?
Visme has a decent range of printable document templates and formats that you can work upon. That includes posters, menus, flyers, schedules, resumes, syllabus, invitations, certificates, and more. You can create custom-sized printables or use one of the available templates.
Social Media Graphics
We’re all on social media, whether as individuals or businesses. So we need to make sure our content stands out in a way. With Visme, you can create the coolest things. The templates are suitable for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, and Youtube.
The web graphics templates are divided into wallpapers (both desktop and mobile), wide skyscraper, blog graphics, large and medium rectangle (IAB), leaderboard, and email header.
All of this sounds great. But is Visme suitable for your device?
Visme is an online tool. So all you need is a reliable website browser and you can access the software both on your desktop and mobile devices.
However, if you’re looking for a dedicated iOS or Android app, we’ll have to disappoint you. There’s none. Neither does it have a downloadable Windows or Mac version.
Plans & Pricing
We’ve come to the most awaited part of any Visme review. The one where we talk about money.
1. Individual Plans
There are three individual plans available.
- Basic: Free. Five projects, 100 MB storage space, limited templates, and a limited collection of charts and widgets. The most limiting aspect of this plan is you can only download your creations as JPG.
- Standard: It costs $14 per month if billed annually. You get 15 projects, 250 MB storage, all premium assets, templates, charts and widgets, and JPG and PDF download.
- Complete: $25 per month, if billed annually. Full access to all Visme resources, unlimited projects, privacy control, and HTML5 downloads.
It’s important to say that if you want to use Visme for free, you can only choose the first of the Individual plans. There’s no Visme premium account for free.
2. Business Plans
You can choose between:
- Single: $25 per month. The plan offers access to all of the premium content, 10 GB on-cloud storage limit, audio recording, brand kits, slide library, etc.
- Team: $75 per month for three members. It includes everything from the single plan, along with user management, permissions, and sharing. It also comes with premium support.
- Enterprise: You have to contact Visme for a quote. It comes with 25 GB user storage, Single Sign-On, Additional security, Dynamic fields, and custom sub-domain, among many other things.
All three plans come with unlimited projects and access to all premium resources.
Education plans are distributed differently than the other two. Also, a semester in Visme terms means five months.
- Student: $30 per semester. Similar to the Individual Standard plan.
- Educator: $60 per semester. Similar to the Individual Complete plan.
- School: Contact for quote. It comes with 50 GB storage, premium support, and permission setting.
You don’t necessarily have to become a Visme premium user, as the company claims that about 80% of the tool’s functionality and features are available for free. Features. Not templates and themes.
If you want to choose between all of the templates and themes available, you must get one of the paid plans.
Visme costs do seem high compared to some other alternatives. However, considering the variety and quantity of templates available, it is worth the money.
Visme has a comprehensive support page, with different types of resources. They also have a dedicated YouTube page with plenty of helpful videos. Other than that, the support is based on your plan.
You can contact the support team by creating a ticket on their website, or by sending an email to [email protected]. Keep in mind that premium users receive support much quicker and on a significantly better level.
Visme User Reviews
Most Visme reviews we found were positive. The rating highlights are as follows:
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (433 reviews)
- G2: 4.3/5 (100 reviews)
- GetApp: 4.5/5 (400+ reviews)
Though the overall Visme user reviews were positive, some people complained about the support, Powerpoint portability, language, and the undo function. There were some complaints about customization, but Visme is a basic tool, designed for non-designers. It doesn’t have the granular customization features as a professional photo editor or design program would have.
Most positive Visme reviews about the interface apparently came from people without formal graphics training and expertise. They love the user-friendly interface, wealth of features, video capabilities, collection of templates, and graphics.
Visme a powerful content creation and data visualization tool, but you can truly unleash its true potential with the premium version. However, as you can see from our Visme review, getting a premium account it totally worth it. But even with its free version, it can transform boring colorless content through visualization and turn it into something that people would love to see and retain. It might not be the most powerful tool on the market and it might lack an app, but it sure is something.
There are not many true Visme alternatives in the market now. But you do have options.
Visme vs. Canva
The battle of the giants.
Canva wins against Visme when it comes to pricing. According to a Visme review from 2020 Canva also comes ahead because it has an app.
Visme is more attractive to enterprises and large collaborative teams, as it packs more features, has infographic templates, audio and video additions.
Visme vs. Piktochart
Pikochart’s full version for individual users is a bit cheaper, it comes with offline editing. But when it comes to support, it’s not that great. Visme stands out a bit with more features, a better range of plans for teams and businesses, premade content blocks, and HTML5 export. We’d say Visme wins this one.
Visme is a decent content creation software. It’s perfect for beginners. It has a lot of brilliant templates and designs. The support team is reliable and the pricing is reasonable. We’re looking forward for when – and if – there’s an app available to download.
We hope this Visme review will help you make up your mind about whether it’s the right tool for you or not.
What is Visme?
Visme is a content creation and visualization software. Whether you want to create an infographic, a printable, presentation, or work on social media graphics, Visme can help. It is rich in features and templates. You can get started as soon as you create an account. It is suitable for all content creators.
How to use Visme?
All you need to do is create an account and you can get started. Go to the website and click on the “Sign Up for Free” button. Fill in the needed info and voila. If you are still unsure, you can go through the videos available on Visme to get an idea of the process. If you are new, it’s better to modify an existing template than creating a new one.
Does Visme cost money?
There is a free version of Visme, but it doesn’t offer the same variety of features as the paid ones.
Is Visme legit?
Yes. We haven’t found any complaints about scams.